|Date||Wednesday, October 31st to Friday, November 2nd, 2018|
|Venue||Kashiwa-no-ha Open Innovation Lab [KOIL] and Kashiwa-no-ha Conference Center [KCC] (Kashiwa city, Chiba)|
|Host||Asian Entrepreneurship Award Steering Committee|
|Co-hosts||Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
Division of University Corporate Relations – The University of Tokyo
TX Entrepreneur Partners General Incorporated Association (TEP)
The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs (JASVE)
(1) The entrant companies present their business plans in the semi-final (November 2nd) and final sessions.
(2) In the semi-finals, each of the entrants delivers a 10-minute presentation on their businesses. The top six goes to the final.
(3) At the final session, finalists make a 10-minute presentation. After a fair judgement, prize winners of each prize will be elected.
(1) Possibility of collaboration with Japanese large corporations
(2) Innovativeness, commercial viability and social impact of the business, with consideration given to the potential of the business to expand and bring about changes in the global economy and society.
(3) Business performance, which includes the nominee’s competitive advantages, management team, strategic vision, and communication capabilities, including presentation skills.
-First Prize: 1 million JPY
-Second Prize: 500,000 JPY
-Third Prize: 300,000 JPY
-Kashiwa-no-ha Award: 150,000 JPY
…Suitability and implementability to the concept of Kashiwa-no-ha smart city development will be judged towards adoption from the technology, product or service of all startup entrants.
-The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs(JASVE) Award: 50,000 JPY
…The award will be given by JASVE to the most challenging team in solving problems and which is full of entrepreneurship.
-IP Bridge Award: Strategy planning support for Intelectural property
-31 VENTURES Award：All the award winners above will also win 2 years free use of co-working space at 31 VENTURES Office operated by Mitsui Fudosan (3 persons per company).
-Audience Award: Voted by audiences in final session, no extra prize.
Qualification for Entry
Startup companies must meet all of the following requirements.
(1) Must have specific interest in Japanese market or desire in expanding business in relation with Japanese large corporations.
(2) Must be a technology startup focused in either fields of AI/ IoT or Medical/Healthcare.
(3) Must be an early stage startup which has completed PoC (Proof of Concept), and is able to communicate with a specific customer by using prototypes, samples or mockups.
– There are no conditions on the number of years of establishment or the amount of capital.
– A venture-backed company or a company with VCs involved is acceptable.
– Public companies or affiliates of large corporations are not accepted.
(4)Must be nominated by a person responsible for startup incubation/acceleration at a university, research institute, incubator or accelerator.
(5)Startup company and the nominating person must be able to participate in all the programs held between October 31st – November 2nd, 2018.