|Date||Wednesday, October 25th to Friday, October 27th, 2017|
|Venue||Kashiwa-no-ha Open Innovation Lab [KOIL] and Kashiwa-no-ha Conference Center [KCC] (Kashiwa city, Chiba)|
|Host||Asian Entrepreneurship Award Steering Committee|
|Co-hosts||Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.,
Division of University Corporate Relations – The University of Tokyo,
TX Entrepreneur Partners General Incorporated Association (TEP),
The Japan Academic Society for Ventures and Entrepreneurs (JASVE)
(1) The entrant companies present their business plans in the semi-final (October 27th) and final sessions.
(2) In the semi-finals, each of the entrants delivers a 10-minute presentation on their businesses. The top six goes to the final.
(3) At the final session, finalists make a 10-minute presentation. After a fair judgement, prize winners of each prize will be elected.
(1) Innovativeness, commercial viability and social impact of the business, with consideration given to the potential of the business to expand and bring about changes in the global economy and society.
(2) Business performance, which includes the nominee’s competitive advantages, management team, strategic vision, and communication capabilities, including presentation skills.
-First Prize: 1 million JPY
-Second Prize: 500,000 JPY
-Third Prize (Japan New Business Conferences President Prize) : 300,000 JPY
-Kashiwa-no-ha Award: 150,000 JPY ・・・Suitability and implementability to the concept of Kashiwa-no-ha smart city development will be judged towards adoption from the technology, product or service of all startup entrants.
-Nanocarrier Kashiwa-no-ha Award: 300,000 JPY ・・・The most promising startup entrant in Bio, Medical or Life science field will be given the award from Nanocarrier, one of the most growing bio company in Kashiwa-no-ha.
-31 VENTURES Award：All the award winners above will also win 2 years free use of co-working space at 31 VENTURES Office operated by Mitsui Fudosan (3 persons per company).
Qualification for Entry
Startup companies must meet all of the following requirements.
(1)Must be a technology startup.
(2)Must be an early stage startup which has completed POC (Proof of Concept), and is able to communicate with a specific customer by using prototypes, samples or mockups.
– There are no conditions on the number of years of establishment or the amount of capital.
– A venture-backed company or a company with VCs involved is acceptable.
– Public companies or affiliates of large corporations are not accepted.
(3)Must have specific interest in developing business in Japan, e.g. tie-ups with Japanese large corporations or VCs.
(4)Must be nominated by a person responsible for startup incubation/acceleration at a university, research institute, incubator or accelerator.
(5)Startup company and the nominating person must be able to participate in all the programs held between October 25-27, 2017.
Features of AEA 2017
Point 1 :
All participating startups are interested in developing business in Japan
AEA 2017 requires that all startups must have specific interest in developing business in Japan, such as tie-ups with Japanese large corporations or VCs. AEA will be supporting the startups by networking to the local eco-system.
113 AEA Alumni have chance to join the event
For AEA 2017, we are asking all the 113 AEA Alumni to come join the event. You may have a chance to witness how much they have developed after AEA.
Participating startups are invited to INNOVATION LEADERS SUMMIT (ILS) for matching with major Japanese corporations.
AEA 2017 is officially cooperating with ILS, a collaboration matching event for participating startups and over 100 Japanese major corporations. Startups participating in AEA 2017 can join the 5th POWER MATCHING, an invitation-based matching program by ILS to be held in Tokyo on October 23rd – 25th.